Sunday, October 19, 2014

No. 16



TO APPROACH Medusa




                                                -even without a touch



                                    he finds himself    a sort of night-
mare of whim.




His letter.

            I must go if I die.

she was,






                        still hurt her
                                                            a mature country girl,
and a touch of old-fashioned style


            “Now you’re here,”

“Still, I’m here,”



                        “You thought I had gone.”



“But some day, I suppose, it will happen?





   “I shan’t be sorry,

                                    One decides quickly enough when
there is any question of desire.”


                        ‘Go in,’ he said to me yesterday.

                                                            No. 15 is empty:
It’s nailed up:



            out of the room.
.           .           .           .           .           .           .           .           .

the fish pie lay on her tongue like wadding.


                           poured himself out a glass of water.





                                    “This is the worst time of day.






He held me responsible.



“You’re so beautiful.”


“I was ill yesterday.

                                                -Come.




                                    do you hear?
“A waterfall in my head.”





                        There’ll be no ‘here’ left--how can you
come back?”



“But my poems . .



                        -the piano inside my head, the waterfall
inside yours.

Never never try to betray.



   “I’ve got to live


                                                            “Don’t write.”




                                    but she was a girl who had never
been touched

   He has lost me, too.



“Don’t forget your poems.”




                        see if we are still here.”





                                                            “Should not see anyone.

“Sleep . . . “ Her
                                knockings you bear








From "Dear John" series.


No comments:

Post a Comment